NYT > Business Day

Monday, April 13, 2009

I Seek The Truth




I see an image in the mirror
hes a stranger to me
I have seen him everyday
but i still dont know who he is

I look carefully
and recognize the face
I see the battle scars from a bygone day
and find the memories flash by
but i still dont know who he is

I know not why he is here
I know not what his place in the world is
I want to Know
I seek the Light
I seek the Truth...

Today is Easter Sunday... This was to be like any other easter which i have had... but life has changed .. i have changed... Easter at home was always a time for countless hours in church, followed by mums great food... well, i guess staying away from home kinda rips u away from those luxuries and makes u ask some fundamental questions.. and my questions went to the person who single handedly changed the way the world looks - Jesus ....I wikified Jesus... I was not focussed on the divine part of it... being a Catholic, i have been exposed to it umpteen times... i wanted to know the historical Jesus... the info which comes with proof and not just hearsay or religious references.

Jesus is the central figure in Christianity and revered by most churches as the Son of God. Islam considers him a prophet, there are also references to him in some Hindu scripts. The scriptures talk about different instances in his life... History confirms a few instances in his life such as:

1) Jesus' baptism by John the Baptist... Its mentioned that once Jesus was baptised, the heavens opened up and the holy spirit descended in the form of a dove.

2) The Crucifiction of Jesus by Pontius Pilate.

The reason for these illustrations is because there is undeniable proof that Jesus was a prophet who received divine inspiration and believed in it so much so that he was willing to go through such suffering.... Jesus had realized his place in this world; he knew who he was; why he was in this world; he knew it so well that he was willing to die for that very reason.

How do people realize their place in the world? I look at myself in the mirror everyday and I dont know my place. Why am I here? What is the purpose of my existence?

I am quite sure that even Jesus had a period in his life when he searched for his place in the world.. I am sure he had a period of self-doubt... when he wanted to be like the others.... blend into the crowd... live a peaceful existence.... But what made him change all that? what made him to realize what he was here for... and spread his message one person at a time... till it spread across the world...he saw the Truth...

At this moment....I stand in awe in front of the divine being...I still keep wondering who the mystery in the mirror is...

The idea of this post is merely to relate to one great quality in Jesus Christ. Disclaimer: The religious views expressed here are strictly personal in nature.

2 comments:

nama2gemi said...

I too have similar questions which i ask my Krishna.. smbdy arnd also is wondering about the mystery in the mirror.. :-)
good one dude...

Darshan Nellary said...

@Namrata: i concur..we all have this side in ourselves to find te true path...