NYT > Business Day

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Control vs. Serendipity


Its something I’ve been working on for awhile now, and making very decent progress on --- "letting go of control". I’m a slight control freak — nothing too extreme, but it’s definitely something I’d like to change. I try to control the world around me, get everything in perfect order, and feel calmer when I’m in control. 

Unfortunately, the world doesn’t always go according to the best laid plans.

So I’ve slowly been learning to let go of control. I let others do as they like, let things happen even if I don’t plan them, stop trying to plan things down to the tiniest details, and just go with the flow. I’m not perfect at it, but I’m getting much better. 

The result is a pleasant surprise... a much more simplified, relaxed attitude towards life and work. Create the right structure/plan, do the due diligence and leave the rest to the natural course: let the serendipity dazzle you!


Share in the comments!


No comments: